ITN makes the daily news programming for ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5, providing comprehensive and impartial news to the British public and reaching millions of viewers every day.
All of our programming is regulated and produced to high editorial standards including:
• Accurate reporting of the facts
• Due impartiality in the reporting of news events
• Retaining editorial control
• Being independent from political, commercial and other interests
• Making proper editorial checks
In addition, ITN adheres to the Ofcom Broadcasting Code, as required under the Communications Act 2003 and the Broadcasting Act 1996. In news programming all stories and issues must be reported with due accuracy, and presented with due impartiality. These standards are set by Ofcom.