The Chief Constable of Greater Manchester police has warned officers remain under threat after the deaths of two policewomen in a grenade and gun attack on Tuesday.
Sir Peter Fahy said he could not be sure all the explosive devices had been recovered from the area where PCs Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone were attacked.
Speaking to reporters, Sir Peter said: "We are not confident that we have recovered all the grenades, we don't know for certain, so we've made it clear to our officers that the threat is still there.
"I would want that to be the message, this has been a long-standing criminal feud between different outfits in Manchester and in the Tameside area, and that threat is very much there."
Sir Peter said that the force's main priority today had been supporting the victims' families "who clearly have a huge amount to come to terms with".
He reiterated that the force had no intelligence about the address in Abbey Gardens where the pair were sent, and therefore there was nothing to indicate a greater than normal threat.