The Queen's income will receive a boost next year after record profits from her lucrative Crown Estate property empire.
Changes made last year tying Royal Family funding to Crown Estate profits mean the Queen and Royal Household will be entitled to a 16 per cent rise in their official duties grant, to £36 million from next April up from £31 million this year.
Figures for the Crown Estate reveal the portfolio enjoyed the best performance in its history, with profits rising to £240 million in the year to March 31 from £231 million the year before.
The rise follows the Government's move last year to scrap the Civil List and link funding for the royals to profits from the Crown Estate, as part of a new sovereign grant.
The Royal Household is entitled to 15 per cent of profits from the Crown Estate, which belongs to the nation and includes a host of historic properties, such as Regent Street in the West End of London, Windsor Park, Royal Ascot and most of Britain's coastline.
Previously, all profits from the Crown Estate went to the Treasury and the taxpayer, a historic arrangement dating back to 1760 and over the last ten years, the portfolio has contributed £2 billion to the Treasury.
A spokesman for the Royal Household said: "The Royal Household is absolutely committed to ensuring value for money for the taxpayer, having already reduced expenditure by a fifth over five years.
"The Sovereign Grant is a simpler, more transparent way of funding the Monarchy and is, of course, now open to scrutiny by the National Audit Office."
However, campaign group Republic said it was "disgraceful" that 15 per cent of Crown estate profits went to the Royal Household.
The additional money is expected to be spent on repairs, but official figures on Royal Household spending are due out on July 2.